Thursday, 4 September 2008
Something Else Nice Happened Today...
Warning: A bit of a 'Me...Me' Post
This Pocket Novel was accepted about eighteen months ago and published last December and I really like the 'moody' cover. Today is the first time I've seen it! My author copies went awol and my local newsagent doesn't get the My Weekly Pocket Novels (can you believe that)! So a big thanks to editor Tracey for 'plundering' the MW stores.
Now I'm sending a copy to the Large Print publishers - hoping they'll want to publish it, too!
Edited to Add
Yummy Palets Bretons recipe for TF:
4 egg yolks240g butter 120g castor sugar300g plain flour, siftedMilk, to ‘wash’ the cookies
1. Beat together the egg yolks and castor sugar till light and creamy.
2. Cream the butter then beat into the egg and sugar mix till well-combined.
3. Slowly add the flour, about 1/4 cup at a time, making sure to mix well after each addition.
4. Once all the flour has been incorporated, tip the dough onto a large square of cling wrap and press into a ball shape, then refrigerate for 30 mins.
5. Remove from the fridge then roll into a long, thick sausage. It should be about 5-6cm in diameter. Place back in the refrigerator 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven to 375degrees F. Gas Mark 5. Slice the dough into rounds about 1-1.5cm thick.
7. Place rounds on a baking tray lined with baking paper and lightly flatten with the palm of your hand. Give each round a milk wash, then lightly trace a lattice pattern into each one with a fork.
8. Bake for 15-20mins till the top of the biscuits looks golden; remove and let them cool on the tray.